friend /frɛnd/ -noun 1.a person attached to another by feelings of affection or personal regard. 2.a person who gives assistance; patron; supporter
Word History: A friend is a lover, literally. The relationship between Latin amīcus "friend" and amō "I love" is clear, as is the relationship between Greek philos "friend" and phileō "I love." In English, though, we have to go back a millennium before we see the verb related to friend. At that time, frēond, the Old English word for "friend," was simply the present participle of the verb frēon, "to love." The Germanic root behind this verb is *frī-, which meant "to like, love, be friendly to." Closely linked to these concepts is that of "peace," and in fact Germanic made a noun from this root, *frithu-, meaning exactly that. Ultimately descended from this noun are the personal names Frederick, "peaceful ruler," and Siegfried, "victory peace." The root also shows up in the name of the Germanic deity Frigg, the goddess of love, who lives on today in the word Friday, "day of Frigg," from an ancient translation of Latin Veneris diēs, "day of Venus."
as usual, I was damn early for class. (again, 20min before. look. I already tried my best to leave house as late as possible lor. 9am class leh think I wanna wake up earlier meh.) but anyway, this morning, something was different.
fill in the blanks with either 'sway' or 'lucky'. a word can be used more than once. _____ that I had to top up my ezlink card, no choice but to go by ADM way. (i usually go by the forum lift!) _____ that I decided to take the stairs cos I wanted to exercise -.- _____ that when I reached level 4 I saw someone walking in my direction. but _____ that i had to turn toward the top up machine. (if you wanna know, that person didn't see me. lucky for him/her, small eyes can sometimes help.)
can't believe i'm taking this long (and still ongoing) to overcome cognitive dissonance. the best way to dissipate cog dissonance, is to just accept matters. okay I just cant. how do i know? i know it when i told lilian, "next yr how ah. quite worried for [put a name here. anything will do]. not close to his/her batch at all." seconds after saying that I was like "why am I thinking for him/her. *rolls eyes at myself*" but isn't this what friends are supposed to do for each other.
Nobody wants to be the last one there 'Cause everyone wants to feel like someone cares Is there somebody else that feels the same somewhere There has gotta be somebody for me out there
p/s: kids, I'm cool. thanks for all your concerns. p/p/s: SCREW THE INTERNET LAAAAA IT'S EFFED UP.