Joyce and I visited Uluru! for lunch, yesterday. GOSH it was hard to find. (somewhere in Tanjong Pagar) but well, good eating places are always hard to find, right?
it's close to fine dining. there's a napkin for you to rest on your lap, and your cutlery gets changed to the appropriate ones after each course.
what a super nice setting right!!!
this is the other part of uluru!, the outdoor area. really, really good place for a social gathering!
okay so this was our mushroom soup. BRILLIANT. lots of wild mushrooms used, rich flavour.(really, not at all diluted. in fact, overflowing!) I guarantee you'll fall in love with it right after having the first mouth. see that white thing in the middle? it's neither cheese, nor egg. it's just foam! the kind that you get at the top of your cappuccinos. I don't know what purpose it serves, but I was fascinated. (cheap thrills, yeah)
Polluck with lobster emulsion. the fish is so light, and the skin so crisp! it's plain flavoured, just seasoned with salt and pepper. but somehow, you won't fuss over the lack of taste.
Cottage Pie. it's not cheese that's on top, it's potato (mashed, I assumed)! the potato's damn soft and fluffy, much so that you don't feel like you're engulfing carbs, totally happy eating potatoes haha.
a happy Joyce who finally dined at uluru! (she found the place, made the reservations, and brought me there. thanks! :D)
that sums up my happy lunch. I guess I would go back there for their mushroom soup. (but only when I really feel like splurging, or when someone is treating me hawhaw.)