Thursday, December 18, 2008

10:31 PM

today was fun times ten!

I met yz for prawnning!!
[image heavy, after so long since fb emerged.]


don't ask me where this place is cos we cabbed there.
I only know it's somewhere in between amk and bishan.


so basically there's this huge pool and people just rent the rods to prawn.


they even provide you with a net to keep the prawns that you caught.


well most of the time yz's the one really catching.
I was just holding on to the rod.
the prawns can be very jian,
sometimes they'll just bite the bait and run away.
so you need skill eh. haha.


scary little pincers. hurray for yz who isn't scared :D
but at least I can now unhook the prawns lol.


female prawn. (see the hook?)
I kinda asked yz if the prawns we caught will get bored and start having sex with each other in the net.
what, gonna die alr ma.
have some fun lor.


so after awhile I caught a prawn BY MYSELF.
happy is me.


after maybe about 1 hour?


this is like, woah.
HUGE lor.


and this is the bait the place provides.
chicken liver I think.


our catch by the end of 3 hours.
erm not bad lor.
I think there were about 19 prawns.
ALL WITH ONE ROD.


so it's time to BBQ them!
by that time scott had already arrived so......
this very nice charcoal display is set up by him.
pretty isn't it.


but before we can bbq the prawns...


quite sad, but we've got to skew the prawns with satay sticks.
(poor yz, gotta play the bad guy)


I kinda observed and noticed that when the prawn is dying it'll start to blow bubbles non stop. quite gross. they're pretty much still alive after being poked.


oh, we were also given a pack of salt to sprinkle on the prawns.
I think it's to cleanse the prawns and at the same time to season it?


doesn't it look awesome!


anyway, next to the place there's a coffeshop,
and they'll bring your food over to the prawnning area.


THE BBQ-ED PRAWNS WERE DAMN SHUANG LOR.
shuang-ness to the max.
and it's also the first time that surong peeled a prawn.
(rolling your eyes again? haha.)
and oh! I actually didn't see much shit when I ate the prawns.
prolly cos they were freaking out so badly they started shitting non stop?
I assumed it's that black string of thing running along the back of the prawns.
(maybe it's just a vein, I don't know.)
you can see it after you've deshelled the prawn.


okay, so I achieved 2 things today:
1) to unhook a prawn
2) to peel a prawn


prawnning is really damn fun.
but before you go,
make sure you have the following:

1) a friend who isn't scared of pain
2) a friend who dares to touch and grab the prawns
3) a friend who is quite the expert on catching prawns
4) a friend who can start a BBQ fire
5) wet wipes (which I already have in my bag! wherever I go.)
6) A FRIEND WHO DARES TO POKE SATAY STICKS THROUGH THE PRAWNS.
7) a friend to peel the prawns for you?
8) a really good friend :D

blogspot counter

talk.